Wheel hop issue - Viper5 - 5th Gen 2013 SRT Viper Forum and Owners Club!
Viper5 - 5th Gen 2013 SRT Viper Forum and Owners Club!  

Go Back   Viper5 - 5th Gen 2013 SRT Viper Forum and Owners Club! > SRT Viper Forum - Performance and Mod Zone - Custom SRT Viper > SRT Viper Drag Racing Discussion

Notices

SRT Viper Drag Racing Discussion Post your questions and info about how to best get these beasts down the 1320!

Old 11-10-2013, 07:36 PM

ViperJoe is on a distinguished road
Default Wheel hop issue

Hi there, I'm ViperJoe and i have a 2004 Viper. It had rear wheel hop since i bought it. i just finished building the engine to 700 to 750 hp. It still had hard wheel hop and it blew the posi differential. i replaced it with a wavi 11 from unitrax. now it blew the cv joint on drivers side from wheel hop. does anyone have any solutions to this problem?

Joe
[email protected]
Advertisement

Old 11-10-2013, 07:59 PM
Administrator

jkelly16 is on a distinguished road

Not sure on the Vipers but people with Challengers have had some luck with modified rear suspension and changing tire types I believe.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-11-2013, 09:54 AM

brad12kx is on a distinguished road

As Indicated in my PM to you, I do NOT own a Viper so cannot offer any words of wisdom based on said ownership.

I do know from previous experience with wheel hop on other vehicles (including my 2010 Ram) that it can be a real bugger to sort out, and sometimes quite costly. If you are near the end of life of your tires, I would consider starting there with a different brand/model. If you see another Viper and can ask the owner about his tires and possibly about any wheel hop concerns, that might be a great starting place on what tires to consider.

Good luck and please post all your findings in your thread (good or bad) so that other members may benefit from your experiences with this issue.

[CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement